Many roasted pumpkin recipes have flavor profiles that are a little too sweet for my taste. I roasted some the other night with Harissa butter and the hot and savory spices were a delicious counterpart to sweetness of the pumpkin.
- Be sure to use a sugar pumpkin; there are many varieties available in the markets this time of year.
- Use a shallow baking dish so the heat from all sides of the oven will roast the squash evenly.
- Cut into wedges, scoop out the seeds and fiber. Poke all over with a fork so that the topping can penetrate the flesh
- Mix 1 Tbsp. harissa and 1 tsp. kosher salt with 4 Tbsp. softened butter and spread over the prepared pumpkin.
- Tent with foil to keep the pumpkin moist.
- Click here for the full recipe: http://woodstonehome.com/resources/recipes/side-dishes/harissa-roasted-pumpkin/